Sunday, October 09, 2005

Flute Road Show in the Collins Studio!

We're in for a treat -- Jeff Smith of the J.L. Smith Flute Company will be in town this month and will show flutes in my studio.

Friday, Oct 28, 4-8 pm.


I urge any of you who are in the market to come try out flutes. Even if you don't have plans to buy a flute this month (or even this year), this is a really good opportunity to become more informed about how to buy a flute. Even if you've been playing for less than a year, try to stop by. For starters, you'll get more familiar with the good brands, the options available in the step-up and pro flute ranges, and you'll get an idea of prices so that you can budget accordingly for several years down the road.

Why do I host road shows?

  • Jeff is a no-pressure, no-haggling kind of guy, so it's fun to try out flutes with him.

  • There are some great flute sellers in Seattle (folks I happily recommend), but there is no ONE store that has so many varieties of flutes to try at one time.

  • The only other time of year to try out so many varieties of flutes all at once will be at the SFS Flute Festival this spring.


  • I'll be around all afternoon to hear you try instruments and to give you my opinion. I do not take a commission; my job is to be your "personal shopper" and help you make an informed decision. (For some students, that decision is "wait another year," by the way!)

    Please RSVP if you plan to attend.
    I want to make sure that not everyone shows up at once!

    No comments: